Learn suicide first aid. ASIST is a two-day intensive, interactive and practice-dominated course designed to help caregivers recognize risk and learn how to intervene to prevent the immediate risk of suicide. Participants receive a full color, tear-resistant pocket card featuring intervention, risk review, and safeplan development principles. This course is designed for all caregivers including professionals, physicians, pharmacists, teachers, counselors, youth workers, police and correctional staff, school support staff, clergy and community volunteers. Learn to recognize and estimate risk, and become more effective at helping people at risk. The benefits will live on.
● Recognize invitations for help from suicidal people
● Reach out and offer support
● Review the risk of suicide
● Apply a suicide intervention model
● Link people with community resources