- Office Assistant: A volunteer is needed once a week to assist in the In-Home Care volunteer office with assembling folders, making copies and stuffing envelopes. Must be able to stand to make copies and occasionally lift boxes of paper.
- Concierge/Gift Shop: Volunteers are needed to give enrishment center tours and assist in the gift shop. Must be friendly, personable and enjoy talking to people.
- Ensure Deliveries: Volunteers deliver cases of Ensure and other liquid nutritional supplements to homebound seniors. Cases are picked up at SourcePoint on Friday mornings at 9:00am and delivered to client’s homes any time that day. Optional mileage reimbursement is provided.
- Transportation: Volunteers are needed to transport homebound seniors to medical appointments. Use your own car, mileage reimbursement is available. Volunteers choose the assignments that fit with their schedule and comfort-level. The clients are very grateful!
- Dining Room Assistants: Volunteers assist the hostess at Café 55 at SourcePoint. Volunteers assist with registration, carrying trays for diners with walkers, assist with set up, and clearing of tables. They are looking for outgoing, social personalities who can do light lifting and move around easily. Work with a great group of ladies and enjoy a free lunch during your shift! 3 hour time commitment from 10:30am-1:30pm. They need one volunteer each day, Monday – Friday.
- Activity Leader: Volunteers are needed to lead group activities with the seniors at two of SourcePoint’s dining centers. Activities might include Mind Aerobics, brain games, card games or easy art projects. Volunteers may create their own material or have it provided for them and can serve weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. The hours are 11am-12:30pm, Wednesdays at Georgetown Apartments in Delaware or Mondays at Rainbow Place Apartments in Sunbury. Volunteers over 55 are welcome to have lunch at the dining center.
- Kitchen Assistants: SourcePoint’s busy kitchen is in need of volunteers to help get the meals prepared for homebound Meals On Wheels clients. The food is 80% made from scratch by both staff and volunteers. Volunteers are needed to cover positions vacated by “snowbirds” this winter. Two to three hour shifts are available between 8:00am and 1:00pm as well as a variety of levels, from cooking to scooping to serving. Must be able to stand for a couple of hours and enjoy working in a kitchen. Free lunch for volunteering!
Volunteers must be age 18 or above, or accompanied by an adult.